Quick and easy to imply hair care tips form an integral part of our hair care routine these days.
We try tonnes of hair care products, home remedies and eat the things we normally hate, just for the sake of healthy and beautiful hair.
When it comes to hair care there is a tendency to believe that only girls are obsessed with their hair but believe me guys are way more obsessed than us when it comes to hair. Even I have few obsessed friends (actually over-obsessed) with their hair.
You Might Also Like:
Hair Care Tips To Follow While Washing Your Hair
Here is a list of a few things that are small to do but will give you long lasting results.
1.Wash your hair with SLS free shampoo. Ideally you should only wash your hair twice a week because more than that leaves your hair dry and damaged.
2. Always wash your hair with cold or room temperature water. If like me you are someone who loves using hot water for washing your hair, then you need to stop. This is because hot water strips off natural oil from your scalp and hair length and leaves your hair damaged. While cold water is not that harsh on your hair.
3. Also make sure you are not using hard water to wash your hair. Hard water leaves a layer of build up on your hair shaft and is extremely harsh on your pretty little soft hair.
4. Use shampoo on the scalp and length of your hair but not on the ends of your locks. This is because when your rinse off the shampoo from scalp and entire hair length, it actually cleans your hair ends while getting rinsed.
5. If you have long hair and you often have to deal with split ends, then make sure you use conditioner on your hair ends before you shampoo your hair.
6. Choose your hair products wisely be it your hair oil, shampoo, conditioner. hair spray or any other hair product. Pick one that suits your hair type.
7. Use shampoo with low acid content and one that helps maintain your scalp’s pH balance (mild one is the one you should opt for).
8. Always opt for cruelty-free products.
9. While washing your hair, do not scratch your scalp with your fingers. Otherwise you end up harming your scalp as well as your fragile wet hair. This is turn is one of the biggest reasons for hair loss.
10. Do not overuse shampoo and always dilute your shampoo in water before using it.
12.If you go swimming, wash your hair after you are done. Chlorine water is harmful to your hair.
Hair Care Tips for Conditioning Your Hair
13. Always use a good conditioner that is cruelty-free and silicones free.
14. Always concentrate on hair length and not your scalp while using hair conditioner.
15. Before conditioning your hair, refrigerate your conditioner for 10 minutes. This will help you achieve better results and you fill find your hair more nourished and manageable.
16. If your hair appear dull and lifeless, make sure you use conditioner that contains natural oils as its active ingredient.
Hair Care Tips For Drying Your Hair
17. Let your hair dry naturally. Avoid blow-drying.
18. Never rub your hair very harshly after washing. Nor should your tie your hair using your towel.
19. Use a microfiber towel or a cotton t-shirt to dry your hair.
20. Use a wide-tooth wooden comb to de-tangle your hair.
21. Minimize your use of straighteners or blow dryers. And if you must use, then use a good heat protectant before.
22. If you need always use heat dryers or any styling tools at the least possible settings.
23. Never step out with wet hair. The wind makes your hair frizzy and prone to damage and breakage.
24. Do not sleep with your hair still wet even damp hair… a big NO. This results in split ends in the long run.
Hair Care Tips for Brushing Your Hair
25. Always detangle your hair with a wide-tooth wooden comb or gently with your fingers before brushing them.
26. Try limit brushing your hair to 3 to 4 times a day, more than that damages your hair.
27. Opt for good quality wooden comb and ditch your plastic comb. And when you do,brush your hair from bottom to top.
28. Keep brushes and comb clean.
Hair Care Tips for Oiling your Hair
29. Always moisturize your hair with the hot oil suitable for your hair.
30. Do regular scalp massage to stimulate blood flow in your scalp. This induces faster hair growth and better hair health.
31. Apply dime size argan oil to the ends of your locks to prevent them from our worst enemy – split ends.
Other Hair Care Tips For Hair Growth
32.Wear hat or scarf before stepping into sun. This will protect your hair from harmful UV rays.
33. If you are in love with coloring your hair, try minimizing it.
34. Minimize usage of harmful artificial hair coloring products as they leave your hair damaged and cause hair fall.
35. Don’t use hair care products with more protein content. Over doing protein treatment actually damages your hair than making it healthy.
36. Try opting for natural products and incorporate lot of diys in your hair care routine.
37. If you have colored your hair recently opt for conditioner with glycerine as its active ingredient.
38. Do not cut your hair every 6 weeks like everyone advocates. Your hair doesn’t grow from its ends but it grows from the scalp. Thus if you keep trimming your hair occasionally, you will eventually slow down your hair growth journey.
39. Do not tie your hair too tightly (especially not with those fine elastic rubber bands). This will weaken your hair shafts and increase your hair fall.
40. Avoid hairstyles where you need to tie your hair too tightly with too many bobby pins. (Once in a while is fine but try minimizing it.)
41. Opt for simple hairstyles like a ponytail, headbands, or simply leave your hair open as much as you can.
42. Tie your hair in a pineapple bun while sleeping.
43. Opt for home remedies if you have the time instead of using chemically loaded hair care products. Like you can try this hair spa for hair fall using ingredients from your kitchen.
44. Never touch your hair with the fingers while putting on your make-up.
45. I know how much you love your fingers moving through your hair but it is the reason for hair damage. Try minimizing it.
46. If you sweat a lot or have greasy hair and do not have time to wash hair that often, try using lemon juice.
47. Always use satin or silk pillow covers. Cotton pillow cases soak your natural oils and leave your hair dry and damaged in the long run.
48. Change your pillow covers frequently. Ideally after you wash your hair.
49. Eat a healthy diet preferably whole grains, fruits, veggies, vitamin C, and Omega 3 rich food.
50. Live a stress-free life if you truly love your hair.
Hope you find these hair care tips useful. Do share your favorite hair care tips that we missed out on.
Have a lovely day.
For FREE Hair Care Tips & Home Remedies Join Now!
* indicates required
Email Address *