Quick and easy to imply hair care tips form an integral part of our hair care routine these days.
We try tonnes of hair care products, home remedies and eat the things we normally hate, just for the sake of healthy and beautiful hair.
When it comes to hair care there is a tendency to believe that only girls are obsessed with their hair but believe me guys are way more obsessed than us when it comes to hair. Even I have few obsessed friends (actually over-obsessed) with their hair.
You Might Also Like:
- Transform your hair within 2 hours with this DIY hair care mask
- Hibiscus hair oil for healthy hair
- How to increase your salon bookings online?
Hair Care Tips To Follow While Washing Your Hair
Here is a list of a few things that are small to do but will give you long lasting results.
1.Wash your hair with SLS free shampoo. Ideally you should only wash your hair twice a week because more than that leaves your hair dry and damaged.
2. Always wash your hair with cold or room temperature water. If like me you are someone who loves using hot water for washing your hair, then you need to stop. This is because hot water strips off natural oil from your scalp and hair length and leaves your hair damaged. While cold water is not that harsh on your hair.
3. Also make sure you are not using hard water to wash your hair. Hard water leaves a layer of build up on your hair shaft and is extremely harsh on your pretty little soft hair.
4. Use shampoo on the scalp and length of your hair but not on the ends of your locks. This is because when your rinse off the shampoo from scalp and entire hair length, it actually cleans your hair ends while getting rinsed.
5. If you have long hair and you often have to deal with split ends, then make sure you use conditioner on your hair ends before you shampoo your hair.
6. Choose your hair products wisely be it your hair oil, shampoo, conditioner. hair spray or any other hair product. Pick one that suits your hair type.
7. Use shampoo with low acid content and one that helps maintain your scalp’s pH balance (mild one is the one you should opt for).
8. Always opt for cruelty-free products.
9. While washing your hair, do not scratch your scalp with your fingers. Otherwise you end up harming your scalp as well as your fragile wet hair. This is turn is one of the biggest reasons for hair loss.
10. Do not overuse shampoo and always dilute your shampoo in water before using it.
11. Use Apple Cider Vinegar to do your weekly hair rinse. This will help remove build-up from your hair and scalp that has cause while using other hair products.
12.If you go swimming, wash your hair after you are done. Chlorine water is harmful to your hair.
Hair Care Tips for Conditioning Your Hair
13. Always use a good conditioner that is cruelty-free and silicones free.
14. Always concentrate on hair length and not your scalp while using hair conditioner.
15. Before conditioning your hair, refrigerate your conditioner for 10 minutes. This will help you achieve better results and you fill find your hair more nourished and manageable.
16. If your hair appear dull and lifeless, make sure you use conditioner that contains natural oils as its active ingredient.
Hair Care Tips For Drying Your Hair
17. Let your hair dry naturally. Avoid blow-drying.
18. Never rub your hair very harshly after washing. Nor should your tie your hair using your towel.
19. Use a microfiber towel or a cotton t-shirt to dry your hair.
20. Use a wide-tooth wooden comb to de-tangle your hair.
21. Minimize your use of straighteners or blow dryers. And if you must use, then use a good heat protectant before.
22. If you need always use heat dryers or any styling tools at the least possible settings.
23. Never step out with wet hair. The wind makes your hair frizzy and prone to damage and breakage.
24. Do not sleep with your hair still wet even damp hair… a big NO. This results in split ends in the long run.
Hair Care Tips for Brushing Your Hair
25. Always detangle your hair with a wide-tooth wooden comb or gently with your fingers before brushing them.
26. Try limit brushing your hair to 3 to 4 times a day, more than that damages your hair.
27. Opt for good quality wooden comb and ditch your plastic comb. And when you do,brush your hair from bottom to top.
28. Keep brushes and comb clean.
Hair Care Tips for Oiling your Hair
29. Always moisturize your hair with the hot oil suitable for your hair.
30. Do regular scalp massage to stimulate blood flow in your scalp. This induces faster hair growth and better hair health.
31. Apply dime size argan oil to the ends of your locks to prevent them from our worst enemy – split ends.
Other Hair Care Tips For Hair Growth
32.Wear hat or scarf before stepping into sun. This will protect your hair from harmful UV rays.
33. If you are in love with coloring your hair, try minimizing it.
34. Minimize usage of harmful artificial hair coloring products as they leave your hair damaged and cause hair fall.
35. Don’t use hair care products with more protein content. Over doing protein treatment actually damages your hair than making it healthy.
36. Try opting for natural products and incorporate lot of diys in your hair care routine.
37. If you have colored your hair recently opt for conditioner with glycerine as its active ingredient.
38. Do not cut your hair every 6 weeks like everyone advocates. Your hair doesn’t grow from its ends but it grows from the scalp. Thus if you keep trimming your hair occasionally, you will eventually slow down your hair growth journey.
39. Do not tie your hair too tightly (especially not with those fine elastic rubber bands). This will weaken your hair shafts and increase your hair fall.
40. Avoid hairstyles where you need to tie your hair too tightly with too many bobby pins. (Once in a while is fine but try minimizing it.)
41. Opt for simple hairstyles like a ponytail, headbands, or simply leave your hair open as much as you can.
42. Tie your hair in a pineapple bun while sleeping.
43. Opt for home remedies if you have the time instead of using chemically loaded hair care products. Like you can try this hair spa for hair fall using ingredients from your kitchen.
44. Never touch your hair with the fingers while putting on your make-up.
45. I know how much you love your fingers moving through your hair but it is the reason for hair damage. Try minimizing it.
46. If you sweat a lot or have greasy hair and do not have time to wash hair that often, try using lemon juice.
47. Always use satin or silk pillow covers. Cotton pillow cases soak your natural oils and leave your hair dry and damaged in the long run.
48. Change your pillow covers frequently. Ideally after you wash your hair.
49. Eat a healthy diet preferably whole grains, fruits, veggies, vitamin C, and Omega 3 rich food.
50. Live a stress-free life if you truly love your hair.
Hope you find these hair care tips useful. Do share your favorite hair care tips that we missed out on.
Have a lovely day.
For FREE Hair Care Tips & Home Remedies Join Now!
* indicates required
Email Address *
These are really helpful!
This is a good list! I have long hair, but I’m guilty of not doing some of these tips. I usually step out with wet hair because I rush in the morning. I also didn’t know you can towel dry before using shampoo! Thanks for sharing 🙂
a loadful of tips for someone who has thinning hair, haha! kidding aside, these are practical tips not only for ladies, but gents alike.
PROPER !!! What a great source full of precious tips ! I just wish , I had beautiful hair as the models on the photos ! There is a lot I will most certainly try out very soon , thanks for sharing !
I love to spray macadamia oil into my hair, after washing it. It makes it so shiny and it smells wonderful after. I know that you have to wash your hair with cold water, but I can’t really do that. I hate cold water, haha. 🙂
Thanks for all these tips. I started my hair problem when I tried hair coloring. Until now I’m suffering from dandruff. Please send me your link if u have remedy for it. Thanks!
I absolutely love your hair care tips. I agree with you that guys are more obsessed than us when it comes to their hair. Anyway, I do agree with you that washing hair with warm water is not good. I used to do it before and my scalp became dry. Meanwhile, I learned from you that I shouldn’t step out with wet hair. How I wish I could avoid it. I usually have to rush for work. Thanks for a great post.
Great tips. In India we us home remedies involving curry leaves and hibiscus flower as well. Curry leaves and hibiscus flowers are added to coconut hair oil and kept asode till they start leaching into the oil. That hair oil is applied on hair and helps condition the hair and also making it strong and reduce hairfall
A hair pack made of neem leaves is also applied regularly to reduce hairfall
Great and comprehensive list of ways to take care of your hair. I am glad you included nutrition because I have always believed that nutrition should be the emphasis rather than the practice of many others who focus ONLY on external solutions (the use of shampoos, conditioners, and others).
Great! Just what i badly need, a hair care tips! I’m really having trouble keeping my hair healthy considering that i have a very thin hair strands.
Would follow these tips really.
Good list of hair care tips. Oftentimes we’re not aware that we do damages our hair. I wonder why you can’t use products with (more?) protein content? Isn’t protein good for your hair?
Thanks dear…If you can not use cold water try atleast tap water, Trust me it is really important part of hair care regime.
I’m not doing too bad but I have to admit I do wash my hair with hot water. It’s super long so I usually take great care of it but I just can’t use cold water (especially now)…
Great article with lots of good tips.
I agree each and everyone has really different hair of its own kind… Actually that’s what I love about it. and I completely agree drying hair with t-shirt rather that the towel really helps in your hair’s overall health. 🙂
Hey Brenda, I used to have the same problem. I wold suggest if you cannot quit washing your hair daily then opt for mild shampoos without sulphate, parabens and silicones. 🙂
Hey Monica, Ya I have been there, done that. Even I had that habit but since I started using mild shampoo and conditioner my hair have become really healthy and strong than they were before. Most importantly they have become really frizz free. Glad I could help. Thanks 🙂
As much as I’d love to brush my hair after it’s dry, curly hair doesn’t work that way… that’s actually asking for a very comedic disaster lol. I have started using a cotton shirt to dry my hair though, and it really does work wonders. My hair has a mind of its own I swear. Thanks for sharing!
Great hair care tips! I wish I could go a day without washing but my hair is so baby fine, it looks greasy if I don’t. Passing this great info along!
Great tips, Nimi. I always tend to use way too much shampoo. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for your kind words dear. Ya I couldn’t agree more these remedies are super easy and does not consume much of our time but can actually work wonders on our hair. 🙂
Give it a try Anne. Try using cold water on your hair length and medium warm water on your scalp. This too would make a huge difference within few weeks. Trust me on that. !!!
Thank you so much Marleen for your kind worst. Ya these small tips actually improved my hair a lot. 🙂
There are some great tips in here, and some i need to start doing. Great Idea for a blog post 🙂
I don’t think I could handle washing my hair in cold water!
Hair care tips are really awesome…. It works very fast nd we can do it easily on daily basis:*
Hair care tips are really awesome…. It works very fast nd we do it easily on daily basis:*
Thank You Katia. 🙂 🙂
Thanks Sweetheart <3 <3 <3
Its very easy and usefull tips for our precious hair…☺
Great source of information on how to take care your hair properly.