Hair care tips forms an integral part of our hair care routine these days. These small tips makes our hair care routine more powerful. We try tonnes of hair care products, home remedies and eat the things we normally hate, just for the sake of the healthy, shiny, thick and beautiful hair. Well it is true that beautiful hair are everyone’s desire.
When it comes to hair care there is a tendency to believe that only girls are obsessed with their hair but believe me guys are actually way more obsessed than us when it comes to hair. Even I have few friends who are really really obsessed (actually over obsessed) with their hair.
You Might Also Like:
- Transform your Hair within 2 hours with this DIY Hair Care Mask.
- Tired of all the Hair Problems? Try this Hibiscus Hair Oil for Healthy Hair.
Hair care is an important part of our lives but somehow no matter what we do, it is mostly not good enough. There are always somethings which we neglect due to either our busy schedule or our let go attitude or sometimes we are just too lazy to do anything at all.
Here is a list of a few things that are actually small to do but will give you bigger results
Hair Care Tips while Washing Your Hair
1.Wash your hair regularly. (Preferably twice a week)
2. Always wash your hair with cold water.
3. Never use hot not even warm water to wash your hair. It damages your hair cells really bad.
4. Use shampoo on scalp and length of your hair but not on ends of your locks.
5. Choose Shampoo that suits your hair type.
6. Choose your shampoo wisely. (Preferably without Sulfates and Parabens)
7. Use shampoo with low acid content.
8. Use shampoo with PH balance ( mild one is the one you should opt for)
9. While washing your hair, do not scratch your scalp.
10. Do not over use shampoo. Just use as much as you need. Using too much shampoo can wash off natural oils from your scalp.
11. Use Apple Cider Vinegar ( preferably organic) to rinse your hair twice a year. This will add that extra shine to your hair.
12.If you go swimming, wash your hair after you are done. Chlorine water is really harmful for your hair.
Hair Care Tips for Conditioning Your Hair Effectively
13. Always use a good conditioner according to your hair type.
14. Always concentrate on hair length and not your scalp while conditioning.
15. Before conditioning your hair try towel drying them first.
16. Use good quality and hair suitable serum after conditioner.
Hair Care Tips for Drying your Hair in the Right Way
17. Let your hair dry naturally. (Avoid blow drying)
18. Never rub your hair very harshly after washing.
19. Use micro fiber towel or a cotton t-shirt to dry your hair.
20. After your hair dry naturally , use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair first.
21. Minimize your use of straighteners or blow dryers.
22. If you need always use low heat dryers.
23. Never step out with wet hair.
24. Never ever sleep with your hair still wet even damp hair… a big NO.
Hair Care Tips for Brushing Your Hair in the Right Way
25. Always detangle your hair with a wide tooth comb or fingers before brushing them.
26. Try limit brushing your hair to 3 to 4 times a day, more than that actually damages your hair and results in split ends.
27. Always brush your hair from bottom to top.
28. Keep brushes and comb clean.
Hair Care Tips for Oiling your Hair Correctly
29. Always moisturize your hair with the hair oil suitable for your hair. Try keeping it overnight and then wash your hair the next day.
30. Massage your hair more often.(Especially hot oil treatments can work wonders on your hair.)
31. Apply dime size olive oil to end of your locks to prevent them from our worst enemy – split ends.
Other Important Hair Care Tips for hair growth and healthy hair
32.Wear Hat or Scarf before stepping into Sun.
33. If you have a grey hair problem or are in love with coloring your hair , try minimizing it.
34. Minimize usage of harmful artificial hair coloring products.
35. Don’t use hair care products with more protein content.
36. Try opting for natural products and style your hair naturally.
37. If you have to use heat for styling your hair, always use a hair protective spray to prevent your hair from damaging.
38. Cut your hair every 6 weeks to make them healthy and minimize the problem of split ends.(atleast half inches.)
39. Do not tie your hair too tightly (Especially not with those small rubber bands) this will weaken your hair roots and increase your hair fall.
40. Avoid hairstyles where you need to tie your hair too tightly with too many bobby pins. (Once in a while is fine but try minimizing it.)
41. Opt for simple hairstyles like pony tail, headbands or simply leave your hair open.
42. Tie your hair while sleeping.
43. Always opt for home remedies if you have time instead of artificial hair care products.
44. Never ever touch your hair with the hands with make-up on it. ( not even a little bit makeup on your finger)
45. I know how much you love your fingers moving through your hair but it is the reason for hair damage. Try minimizing it.
46. If you sweat a lot and do not have time to wash hair that often, try using baby powder. Apply it to your scalp, it will not only solve the problem of oily hair but also prevent you from itchy scalp.
47. Always use a satin or silk pillow covers.
48. Always change your pillow covers after you wash your hair.
49. Eat healthy diet preferably Whole Grains, Fruits, Veggies, Vitamin C and Omega 3 Rich food.
50. Live stress free life. (Most important of all.)
These hair care tips for hair growth and healthy hair though seem small but can work wonders on hair. Follow these steps and you will have that beautiful, thick, shiny and lustrous hair that you have always wanted.
Have a lovely day!