Have you tried fenugreek for hair growth? Numerous benefits of fenugreek seeds makes it a perfect ingredient to incorporate in your hair care routine especially if you are struggling to grow your hair faster and losing more than 100 strands per day.
I have been using fenugreek for hair since childhood!
My mom used to apply fenugreek hair mask for faster hair growth on my hair every month. I used to think I have been blessed with naturally thick hair that grows faster. But as the time passed I realized it’s my mom and grandma’s hard work and effective home remedies for hair growth that have helped me over the years to keep my hair healthy and thick.
If you haven’t already given fenugreek a try, then I urge you to do so. And today, I will be sharing in detail how to use fenugreek for hair growth the right way!
Benefits Of Fenugreek For Hair Growth
Fenugreek has been used by Indian women since ancient times for beautiful hair. It is one of those ayurvedic herbs for hair growth that deliver quicker visible results. Fenugreek helps in treating dandruff, itchy and flaky scalp, controlling hair loss, triggering hair growth, adding that lost shine to your hair and also helps you regrow your lost hair.
You can see in this study conducted by Dr. UGro Gashee®, how fenugreek helped achieve lost hair back in his trial.
How To Use Fenugreek For Hair?
Today I will share the home remedies using fenugreek for hair growth and hair loss that I learned from my mom and grand ma. I guarantee that it will help you too.
DIY Fenugreek Hair Oil
For making the fenugreek hair oil, you will need:
- Grind fenugreek seeds to make fine powder.
- Heat Olive oil using indirect heat method to enhance its nutrients.
- Now take a glass jar and add fenugreek powder and pour the hot olive oil on it.
- Let the goodness of seeds and oil infuse together for at least 48 hours.
- And that’s it! Your fenugreek hair oil is ready to use.
I usually make a larger batch and store it for a month and use it twice weekly.
How To Use Fenugreek Hair Oil?
- Simply start by detangling your hair and make sure you remove all the hair tangles. Then parting your hair in smaller sections and use your finger tips to apply the oil well. Do a scalp massage this oil for 5 minutes using your finger tips and avoid using your nails.
- For faster hair growth, incorporate inversion method for faster hair growth and use a steam cap for better penetration of fenugreek oil in your scalp and hair shafts.
- Let it stay for half an hour for best results. Then shampoo and condition as usual.
Use this hair oil twice a week. You can make this oil in larger batches but make sure to use it within a month.
Make Fenugreek Hair Masks For Hair Growth
If you are a regular reader of HCS, you might already know that I use aloe vera and fenugreek hair mask for frizzy hair very frequently. The benefits of fenugreek for hair is that it helps in adding that lost shine and brightens your dull hair and will definitely help in hair loss and regrowth of lost hair.
For making this homemade fenugreek hair mask you will need:
- Fenugreek seeds– 2tsp
- Aloe Vera Gel-2tsp(preferably freshly extracted aloe vera gel but you can use store bought too)
Method Of Making Fenugreek Hair Mask
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water.
- Next morning, grind soaked fenugreek seeds, aloe vera, and yogurt together and make a smooth paste.
- Now strain this hair mask using a muslin cloth. This is an important step and please don’t skip it. Otherwise small chunks will stick to your hair and you will end up spending lot of time, energy and water trying to remove these small chunks.
Now apply this hair mask by parting your hair in small sections. Make sure you apply generously and cover your scalp and hair well. Leave the mask on for an hour. You can rinse the hair mask with normal water then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
Do this twice a month and you will notice the benefits of fenugreek hair mask yourself!
You can also try
- Coconut Oil With Curry Leaves And Fenugreek Seeds For Hair Fall
- Adding the fenugreek seeds to your henna and indigo hair mask.
Fenugreek Hair Rinse
Hair rinse is basically pouring a herb infused water on your hair after you shampoo and leaving it on for 5-10 minutes. Then wash your hair with just water. You can check out my favorite hair rinse recipes that will solve all your hair problems.
To make fenugreek hair rinse you will need:
- Fenugreek Seeds
Soak 1tsp fenugreek seeds in a cup of water overnight.
Strain the water to separate the fenugreek water and fenugreek seeds. Use this fenugreek water to rinse your hair after shampoo. I usually use the soaked seeds to make the fenugreek hair mask I mentioned above.
Can I leave the fenugreek water over night?
Yes, you can leave the fenugreek water on your hair overnight. It won’t harm your hair. You can also add few drops of rosemary essential hair oil to it to control the bitter smell and it will help control your hair fall faster.
Where To Buy Fenugreek Seeds For Hair Growth?
I usually buy mine from a local store. You can also find fenugreek seeds on Amazon.
- ✔️PREMIUM QUALITY & KOSHER: Food to Live Fenugreek Seeds is premium...
- ✔️ HIGHLY NUTRITIOUS: Methi by Food to Live are rich in protein and...
- ✔️ EXCELLENT FOR SPROUTING: Food to Live Fenugreek Seeds are sproutable...
Last update on 2023-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Over To You
There are a lot of good ways to reap the benefits of fenugreek for hair growth and these three homemade fenugreek recipes have been a life saver for my hair. Do give them a try and I am sure it will add new life to your hair. Also, don’t forget to share your fenugreek hair mask for hair growth recipe with me, I would love to give them a try as well.
Before you leave to reap the benefits of fenugreek for hair growth, don’t forget to check out:
- Benefits Of Green Tea For Hair Growth: Evidence Based Results
- Benefits Of Onion For Hair: How To Use It The Right Way?
- Benefits Of Aloe Vera Juice Or Gel For Hair & How To Use It In 5 Ways?
Have a lovely day!