Have you used rosemary essential oil for your hair?
I am sure you must have heard that it helps with dandruff, hair growth, hair loss, regrowth of hair and what not. Rosemary essential oil is a type of essential oil that is extracted from the rosemary plant by cold press method. It smells absolutely divine and is one of the best ingredients out there especially for hair care.
I totally swear by this lil beauty.
Rosemary Benefits For Hair
Rosemary oil claims to have anti-inflammatory properties and also improve circulation which in turn helps to grow as well regrow your lost hair. It also controls hair loss to a great extent. It claims to treat itchy scalp, dandruff, and psoriasis. Rosemary essential oil claims to strengthen your hair from within. It is also well known that it helps in preventing premature greying of hair.
Researches That Prove Why Rosemary Essential Oil Would Work
As per a study conducted on mice, wherein mice were shaved and were tested with effects of rosemary. It was proved successfully that rosemary essential oil definitely showed positive results in improving their hair growth cycle.
As per another study conducted in 2015, where Rosemary Essential oil was tested against 2% minoxidil. In this test, it proved that Rosemary was equally effective as minoxidil. Participants (had alopecia) of this test definitely saw improvement in their hair regrowth.
There are many more such researches available online that shows that rosemary works like a charm and delivers positive results when it comes to hair’s overall health.
How To Use Rosemary Oil For Hair Growth
For using rosemary oil for hair growth, you need
Take the ingredients in a bowl, mix it nicely and heat this oil mask using double boiler method. Now massage it on your scalp before going to bed twice a week and leave it overnight. Rinse it off the next morning and shampoo/condition as usual.
How To Use Rosemary Oil For Hair Loss And Hair Regrowth
I personally use this mask whenever I feel my hair volume has decreased considerably or my scalp has become itchy.
To make this mask, you will need
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel(For making this mask, I have personally noticed that freshly extracted aloe vera gel works best but if you don’t have it handy, you can also use store-bought aloe vera gel.)
- 4-5 drops of rosemary essential oil
Take the ingredients and give them a nice mix to form creamy paste-like consistency. Apply this mask making sure to concentrate it nicely on your scalp and cover your entire hair length. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off and shampoo as usual.
This mask will not only give you relief from itchy scalp lice dandruff hair loss but will also help you regrow lost hair.
Rosemary Hair Rinse
Hair rinse is one of the best methods that I adore. It not only delivers quicker results but long lasting ones too. Rosemary hair rinse not only helps with hair growth, control itchiness of your scalp but also helps to achieve darker hair color.
There are two ways of making rosemary hair rinse.
1. Using dried leaves: Take two cups of water to bring it to boil and add 3 tablespoons of dried rosemary leaves. Now boil for about 2 minutes and turn off the gas. Let it cool down. Now pour this hair decoction on your hair. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with normal tap water.
2. Using Rosemary Essential oil: Take two cups of water and add 4 to 5 drops of rosemary essential oil. Now pour this water on your hair and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with normal tap water.
Add Rosemary To Your Shampoo
Whenever I face hair fall, I make sure to add a few drops rosemary essential oil to my shampoo. It is the simplest way to get your hair fall in control. You can check out this post for more details.
Rosemary Essential Oil Side Effects
Unless you are allergic to rosemary essential oil it, won’t harm you as long as you take it in moderation
- Always make sure to use hundred percent cold press extracted Essential oil.
- Never ever use Essential oil directly onto your scalp without diluting them.
Where To Buy Rosemary Essential Oil In India?
My personal favorite brand of essential oils is Moksha lifestyle and I personally bought mine from Amazon.
Hope you found this post useful. If you have any queries regarding rosemary, leave t in the comments section below. See you soon with a lot of diys, home remedies, hair care tips and solutions to your hair queries.
Have a lovely day!