Today, I am going to review one of my favorite hair masks of recent times. It is the bestseller on a lot of websites and has a very high claim. Yes, I am talking about the Mamaearth argan hair mask. It claims to be an all-in-one solution for most of your hair problems.
About The Brand: MamaEarth
MamaEarth is an emerging beauty brand that is targeting mainly the parents. The brand is by a parenting duo Ghazal and Varun. Their products are mainly toxic-free and their brand is Asia’s first to create made safe certified products.
MamaEarth Argan Hair Mask Review
Appearance: MamaEarth Argan hair mask comes in a big plastic tub. It has a sturdy packaging but at the same time, it’s little bulky. It comes with a protective lid which I appreciate otherwise it could have been a mess after every use. All the information and details about the ingredients including the price and date of manufacturing are mentioned on the jar.
It doesn’t contain any added fragrance apart from the natural flower extract but still, there is a strong smell which lingers for sometime after the wash.
Price and Shelf Life: The one I have with me weighs 200ml and costs Rs 599. It also has shelf life of 24 months.
How To Use MamaEarth Argan Hair Mask?
- Apply a generous amount of the hair mask to freshly washed damp hair.
- Massage the product evenly into the length and root of the hair.
- Let the mask sit on your hair for good 10-15 mins and then rinse it with water.
- Repeat it once or twice a week.
My Experience Using MamaEarth Argan Hair Mask
MamaEarth argan hair mask is suitable for all hair types but targeting mainly to frizzy and dry hair people. It has a very high list of good ingredients which mainly caught my attention and also increased my expectation from the product. The best part about this brand is it is trustworthy and makes all chemical free products.
This particular mask has tea tree oil which helps in unclogging the hair follicles, again oil to make hair more shiner and softer. It has rosemary oil, avocado oil, milk proteins which repairs the damaged hair and promotes hair growth. Apart from just moisturizing my dry, lifeless hair, it helped in taming my frizzy hair and giving them a smooth and silky feel.
It does what it claims as I surely saw some difference in texture and quality of my hair. I must say it is a good product if you are looking for a damaged control solution. My hair fall is reduced significantly after three consecutive washes. There is a visible difference in the texture and quality of my hair with every wash. The effect can be seen from the very first use only but you need to continuously use it to see the desired result.
Though I am not very sure about the hair regrowth part, as till now I didn’t see any significant difference at the places where I had hair fall before. I think that is one thing which is taking little longer to show some results but otherwise, it is a good buy. I will keep you updated on it though.
- Has soft texture which feels lightweight
- Very easy to apply
- Good and cheap alternative to the spa (just give some steam using thermal cap with the mask on, for 5 mins and you are good to go)
- Doesn’t contain any added fragrance apart from the natural flower extract
- Free of harsh chemicals like sulfates, mineral oil or parabens
- Gentle on the hair
- Comes in a 200ml jar so it will last you long
- Hair doesn’t feel greasy or oily after wash
- Makes hair manageable and tangle-free
- Effective hair fall solution
- Controls frizz and dryness
- Good for oily scalp people also (but use once a week)
- Didn’t do much for my split-ends
- Didn’t see any difference in those spots where I had hair fall previously
- Hair Regrowth process is little slow I guess
- Not a travel-friendly bottle
- The smell can be irritating for some people
- Doesn’t provide any extra volume to the hair
- Tub Packaging is unhygenic
A good chemical free argan oil enriched hair mask to solve most of your hair problems like frizzy hair, damaged hair and hair fall.
Where Can You Buy MamaEarth Argan Mask Online in India?
They have stores in most of the metropolitan cities now. Online they are easily available on their own website or even on Amazon.
Yay or Nay?
I would definitely recommend this hair mask to all those of you who are always worried about their hair problems. It a big tub of solutions for most of your hair issues.
– Article contributed by Grishma Satpathy.
In case, if you are interested to contribute as well, please click here for more details.