How are you? I am a lil late with this post. I wanted to write this post on mother’s day but one thing lead to another and I completely lost my mind… Lolz…. But every day is special mother’s day right?
This is how I pampered my mom on mother’s day. Her hair is actually my inspiration behind this web. She has the most beautiful hair you can imagine. Hence I gave her hair spa. You know Pampering your Mom feel so amazing. You guys should try it too !!!
What is Hair Spa?
In case if you don’t know, basically hair spa is pampering your hair to make your dull, dry and damaged hair into silky, shiny and smooth hair in three simple steps
- Steam and Shampoo
- Hair mask
How to do Hair Spa at Home?
I usually receive emails and messages regarding people asking me on how to do hair spa at home. Well doing hair spa at salons might be easy on your work part but might be really hard on your pocket. Since I am here, you don’t have to worry at all. Let’s check out exactly how you can do hair spa at home?
Oiling is most important for hair spa. Basically your hair needs nourishment. Somehow in our busy life, we tend to ignore our hair. Thus begin by giving them the nourishment they deserve. Oil works really great when it comes to nourishment, all you need to do is find the right hair oil according to your hair type and heat it using double boiler method for enhancing its nutrients.
I usually make this hair oil while doing hair spa.
Coconut Oil – 2 TSP ( I used Oriflame, you can use coconut oil from any brand)
Castor Oil – 2TSP
Bhringraj Oil – 2 TSP ( I used but the Bhringraj oil from Khadi works amazing too)
Vitamin E Capsules -2 Capsules
Just mix these oils and heat it using double boiler method and just applied it on your hair and scalp.
Massaged it in circular motions on scalp and forehead and let the oil stay on for an hour.
2. Steam and Shampoo
Now after an hour, just give a bit of steam to your hair. This helps in better penetration of hair oils into the hair shaft.
For steaming you can use the steam cap that is usually more convenient and less messy. I use one from Hair and Beauty And Bought it from Amazon and its so far amazing. But in case if you don’t owe the steam cap nothing to be worried. All you need to do is dip a towel in hot water and just put it on your hair and let the steam pass. Be careful and don’t burn your hands. Do this for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
For shampoo, I would recommend using a mild shampoo and not a clarifying one. Just don’t use too much shampoo. Doesn’t matter if the little bit of oil stays in your hair.
3. Hair Mask
Usually I make this particular hair mask while doing hair spa at home, which conditions and strengthens the hair at the same time. But you can use a ready made mask like Himalaya Herbals Protein Hair Mask or Oriflame’s Milk and Honey Hair Mask or you can try The Banana and Honey Mask which transforms your hair completely within two hours.
Lets check out hair mask that I make specially for hair spa.
Conditioner – 2 TSP
Hair Serum -Few Drops
Castor Oil – 1 TSP
Vitamin E Capsule -1
Glycerine – 1 TSP
Honey – 1 TSP
- Take Conditioner ( I used Oriflame but you can use the one that suits your hair) and add few drops of Hair Serum( I used TLC Strex serum but you can use the one that suits your hair.)
- Now Add Castor oil and Oil from Vitamin E Capsule.
- Now add Glycerine and Honey.
- Mix all these well and apply on your hair ( don’t apply too much on your scalp.)
- Leave it on for an hour and again give steam for 10 minutes and them rinse it with water.
- Tadaa… You finally did hair spa at home. I am so proud of you !!!
- Feel free to use different oils, shampoos and conditioners(try using one with protein content).
- While oiling concentrate more on your scalp.
- While using hair mask, concentrate more on your hair length.
- Don’t use a shampoo with too much harmful chemicals like Sulphates and Parabens.
- Its always better to use a steam cap to provide mess and also for protecting your hands from getting burned.
- Rinse off the mask completely with water.
- Don’t use hair dryer and try to air dry your hair.Check out this post for more such useful tips.
- In case you are in hurry you can just use the mask and it will give you amazing results too !!!
Over to You !!!
This is how I gave my mom a hair spa for mother’s day. She loved it.
If you loved it, please leave your views via comments and please share this post. You all know it that your comments and shares makes me smile from ear to ear.
Have a lovely day!