Have you tried hair detox yet?
This is the post that I wanted to share that has played a really crucial role in my Hair Transformation. And I mean it. Few years back my hair were frizzy, dull and rough. Basically it looked like a bird’s nest. Sadly that’s true.
Whatever I did, whichever product I used, nothing gave me good results. Everything made my hair and scalp much worse. Can you relate to it? You know I spent thousands in salons, tried the most expensive products, and all the home remedies on the internet and what not. But everything just weighed my hair down and made them even frizzy and lifeless.
Then I came across a concept called Hair Detox. I know it seems like some complicated thing to do, but trust me all we are gonna do is apply a hair mask.
What is Hair Detox ?
Hair Detox is basically deep cleansing of your hair and scalp to remove toxins and the layer that is build-up on your hair and scalp.
Whenever you use a product, a hair mask or even oil (basically anything), it leaves a layer on your hair shaft. So, if you already have layers build up on your hair and you keep on applying more products, they do nothing good to your hair and scalp but actually just sits on surface of your hair and scalp. Thus making your hair more rough, frizzy and unmanageable.
That is why, you should do a Hair Detox at least once every two months.
How to do Hair Detox ???
The first time I did Hair Detox was about 2 years back and now I do it every month. If you are regular reader of HCS, then you might know that I have mentioned in most of my posts to do regular cleansing of your hair and scalp or using a good clarifying shampoo like Halo Shampoo with egg proteins at least once a month.
Here is a quick way to remove build up of years – A Hair Detox Mask!
Ingredients For making Hair Detox Mask
This detox mask is really easy to make and it just includes three ingredients. When it comes to hair care, these three ingredients are simply the best.
Aloe Vera Gel – 4 TSP
Apple Cider Vinegar– 1 TSP
Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 cup
Step 1 : Take 4 tsp of Fuller’s Earth.
Step 2 : Add Equal quantity of Aloe Vera Gel. (I used fresh extracted Aloe Vera Gel but you can use the ones available in the market too, just make sure they are 100% organic).
Step 3 : Add 1 TSP ACV and mix well. Your Hair Detox mask is ready.
How to Use this Mask?
- Apply this mask on your hair and scalp.
- Use a shower cap to cover this mask and DO NOT let it dry.
- Keep the mask on for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Rinse with ACV and let the ACV sit on your hair for at least three minutes.
- Then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- Do not use water to dilute the mask if you feel the consistency is not good enough for you, add Aloe Vera Gel or ACV instead.
- Do not remove the mask directly with water it won’t come out properly. There is a reason that we are using ACV to rinse it off.
- The Recipe can be doubled or halved as per your hair length.
- Don’t do this more than once a month.
Benefits of Hair Detox
Hair detox basically helps you to
- Deep cleanse your hair and scalp
- Remove build up
- Give your hair and scalp a chance to breath
- Make your hair smooth and soft
- Help in stimulating hair growth
- Control hair fall
- Help in changing Hair Porosity
- Make hair shiny and adds volume
- Remove Split-Ends
- Soothe your scalp
- Remove flaky skin from scalp
This recipe is one of my favorite masks to great hair and I strongly recommend you to try this. Also along with this you should minimize use of heat for styling, different products and if you do, use a good clarifying shampoo once every 15 days.
Hope you like this post and it benefits you in some way.
Have a lovely day!!!