“How to make your hair smell good all day?
Is shampoo the only way to go? Are hair perfumes a good option to consider for this?
I want my hair to smell good especially for the Valentines day. Please guide”
This hair query popped up in my inbox 3 days back. And I thought, this is a really good query that needs to be addressed.
After all who doesn’t want their hair to smell good all day. So I am sharing a DIY hair perfume recipe that you can make at home using rose petals. This hair perfume will not only make your hair smell good all day but will also make your hair more soft and manageable.
Why Use Rose Petals To Make Hair Perfume?
How To Make Your Hair Smell Good With Homemade Rose Hair Perfume?
For this DIY Hair Perfume you just need 3 things:
- Rose Petals
- Distilled Water (you can use tap water instead, but just boil it first to kill the bacteria.)
- Leave-in conditioner of your choice.
Directions To Make Homemade Hair Perfume
The recipe is extremely easy and quick one.
- Take Rose Petals and wash them with light hands. Now, take a container and add these petals to it.
- Add distilled water until the its enough to cover the rose petals.
- Heat the water with rose petals on low to medium flame with occasional stirring. Heat for couple of minutes until you see the petals losing its color. Then turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- After it comes to room temperature, strain it in spray bottle.
- Now add a dime sized amount of your favorite leave-in conditioner to it.
- Shake well.
- Tadaa.. your DIY Hair Perfume from Rose Petals is ready.
How To Use The Hair Perfume?
- Start by spraying this hair perfume on your hair strands. Make sure you spray it an inch or two apart from your scalp, since it contains leave-in conditioner. And chances are your leave-in conditioner might have some harmful chemicals in it like parabens or silicones which would hamper the pH level of your scalp.
- Spray the perfume generously until you entire hair length is covered.
- Now comb your hair using a wooden comb and style as you desire.
- If you are going to use heat to style your hair, you can add few drops of rosehip oil to this hair spray. It will minimize the damage and will help repair the damage caused.
- Once made, you can store it in your refrigerator for 3 days.
How To Make Your Hair Smell Good Without Shampoo?
Its no rocket science that a shampoo with good fragrance makes your hair smell nice. But with the added fragrance, you are bound to encounter the added harsh chemicals.
Plus, shampooing daily isn’t good for your hair’s health. So here are some alternatives to shampoo that will help you make your hair smell nice:
- Try the rose hair perfume I just shared above
- Rosemary water for hair
- Lemon hair rinse
- Adding essential oils to your hair serum or leave-in conditioners
- Ready to use hair perfumes in the market like this
Give this hair perfume recipe a try and make your hair smell good without shampoo. If you have more queries, feel free to reach out via this page.
Have a lovely day!