Have you tried Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo yet?
This Himalaya shampoo contains tea tree oil, aloe vera and chickpea and claims to treat dandruff while soothing your scalp at the same time. Sounds intriguing, right? Since a lot of you were asking me to review this shampoo, so, while my recent trip to a mall, I picked this baby up and have been using it for last 3 weeks now.
Also Read: How to get rid off Dandruff and Hairfall? : Reader’s Query + My Solution!
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
Appearance: This shampoo comes in normal standard Himalaya herbals packaging with flip-flop cap that shuts tightly and makes the bottle spill proof and travel-friendly.
The shampoo is a bit runny compared to other shampoos I have tried to date and it has a fruity fragrance. The fragrance stays with you for a couple of minutes after you rinse it off.
You can read more details like its composition here.
Price: This shampoo comes in three different sizes and costs Rs.68 for 100 ml, Rs.128 for 200 ml and Rs.187 for 400 ml. The one I have with me is a 100 ml bottle.
Ingredients and How to use it?
My Experience Using Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
As I mentioned above the consistency of this shampoo is a bit runny and being SLS free it does not lather much. If you are habitual of using a shampoo that contains SLS than you might feel the need to shampoo your hair twice.
As you might know, I always oil my hair before washing and noticed that the shampoo did not do a fine job in removing the oil from my hair completely. So the next time I washed my hair without oiling them just so I could check its actual effects on my hair, scalp and especially dandruff.
This time I was able to have my hair cleaned in one go.
After shampooing, my hair was quite manageable and the shampoo made my hair soft and frizz free to a certain extent. The wonderful fragrance lingered on my hair for a couple of minutes leaving my hair feel fresh and clean. As for dandruff, it was able to control the itchiness and flakiness to a certain extent.
Now I have almost emptied this baby and have noticed that my dandruff is in control but not completely gone.
Recommended: DIY Hair Mask for stubborn dandruff and soothing scalp!
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Wonderful fragrance
- Does not contain SLS, parabens and other chemicals
- Controls itchiness and flakiness to a certain extent
- Controls dandruff to a certain extent
- For dry hair, you can ditch the conditioner and your hair will be still manageable to a certain extent
- Unable to remove dandruff completely
- Very runny consistency
- Does not remove oil from hair in one go
- Bottle ends up very quickly
- Not suitable for oily hair types
If you have just a little dry scalp and are looking for a good and affordable SLS free shampoo then this can be your pick. This shampoo might not be suitable if you have oily hair or if dandruff is one of your main hair problems.
Where to buy Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo With Tea Tree Oil?
I got mine from a local supermarket but it is also available on
- WITH LICORICE & AMLA: With antioxidant and humectant properties that help...
- IDEAL FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: Protein-rich herbs nourish and moisturize your...
- FOR GREAT-FEELING, HEALTHY-LOOKING HAIR: Enjoy the sensory pleasure of a...
Last update on 2023-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Yay or Nay?
I have mixed feelings for this one.
If you are looking for an affordable SLS free shampoo that can control very mild dandruff then definitely you can opt for this one. But if you have very strong itchy and flaky scalp and dandruff is one of your main hair problems then this might not be suitable for you.
Hope this post helped you in some way. See you soon with a lot of DIYs and home remedies along with product reviews and solutions to your hair queries.
Till then you can check out reviews of other anti-dandruff shampoos:
- Kaya Anti Dandruff Lotion Review
- Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- Satthwa Anti Dandruff Shampoo Review
- Candid Tv Suspension Shampoo Review: Does It Really Cure Dandruff?
- Juicy Chemistry Fenugreek & Yoghurt Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Bar: Price & Review!
- Dermavive Dry Scalp Shampoo with Oatmeal Review: Is It Really Effective On Dandruff?
- Nyle Naturals Anti Dandruff Shampoo Review? Is It Really Effective?
- Cipla Sebowash Shampoo Review: Best Cure For Dandruff?
Have a lovely day!
I wouldn’t do that since it already has tea tree oil
Di can I add more tea tree oil to the shampoo like you tell to add if have dandruff?
Hi, Its True!! as am using this product from past 3 months.
Yay!!! I love himalaya products too.:)
Thisis my favorite shampoo. I love himalaya shampoos.