Excessive hair fall is one the major hair problems that we all face at some point in our life. We have all been there. Sometimes its just because we are sick, our lack of sleep or just our laziness to maintain our hair care routine. If its been more than a month and you are still losing too much hair may be its time to step up and do something about your hair fall.
It is perfectly normal that you lose some hair due to weather change. But that only lasts for 1 or 2 weeks. It is also normal that you lose about 100 hair strands per day ( trust me everyone does ) If you are doing some hot oil treatment or hair spa then losing some more is also quiet natural.
Even I lose at least 20 to 30 hair strands each time I brush my hair. But you know, in the month of February, I was really emotionally unstable. I lost my pet dog ‘Switu‘ and it really hit me hard emotionally and mentally and along with my baby dog, my hair started leaving me too. My hair suffered a lot. I was losing almost 200 to 300 hair strands per day. Sometimes I just felt like while brushing my hair, I will go bald. Then one morning I woke up and saw that my pillow had about 400 hair strands on it. I was completely freaked out. I immediately thought I need to do something for my hair loss right now and
Then I actually did the following steps
- Hot oil massage with DIY hair fall control oil on Saturday
- On Sunday morning I washed my hair and rinsed it with Fenugreek hair rinse and after rinsing it I applied Fenugreek and Aloevera mask.
- Then on Thursday I worked on regrowth of my lost hair and for that I made a DIY Hair Regrowth Oil.
- Repeated this Hair Fall Control Routine for entire month and Tadaaa… Hair Fall Problem solved!!!
Lets check in bit detail about my Hair Fall Control Routine?
- How the hack did I exactly control my Hair Fall?
- How to do Hot oil treatment by making your own Diy Hair Fall Control Hair Oil?
- Recipe of another Diy hair oil of Hair fall control and Hair Regrowth
- Other tips to Combat Hair Fall
- Hair fall control Routine Free Printable
- Link to My Private Hair Care Facebook.
How the heck I exactly controlled my Hair Fall?
The first thing I did was a Hot oil treatment using a DIY Hair Oil for Hair Loss.
For making this Hair Oil I used
- Extra Virgin Coconut oil – 1 cup (as base oil)
- Curry Leaves – Fresh leaves about 30 to 40 leaves
- Neem Leaves – Fresh leaves about 30 to 40 leaves
- Onion Seeds – 2 TSP
- Tea Tree oil – 1 TSP
- Argon Oil – 1 TSP
- Firstly I heated the Coconut oil until smoke started coming from it.
- Then I added Curry leaves and Neem Leaves. Be careful it sizzles a bit.
- Now as soon as the leaves started changing its color, I added onion seeds to it. Kept stirring, until it all turned black.
- Now turned off the heat and strained the oil after it cooled down.
- Then I added 5-6 drops of Tea tree oil (I used Soulflower Tea Tree Aroma Massaged Oil) and 5-6 drops of Argan oil ( I used Dove Elixir Nourished Shine Hair Oil – Hibiscus and Argan Oil) to it.
- The Hair oil for Hair Loss is ready to use. It can be stored for a month. (Video Tutorial Coming soon, Stay Tuned !!!)
I applied this hair oil on my hair at night and gave my hair a hot oil massage. Actually my mom massaged it and it felt much more warmer.
- You can store this oil for a month or even 15 days more, if you keep it in cool and dry place and away from sunlight.
- Heat this oil using double boiler method for much more enhanced results. Never heat the oil directly, it loses its nutrients.
- For much better results, you can use steam, so that the oil penetrates much better into your hair shafts.
The next morning I washed my hair with Pantene Prov Hair Fall Shampoo. I added Rosemary oil to it. You can check out here about why and how to add Rosemary to your shampoo.
Then I rinsed my hair with hair rinser for hair loss for that I soaked fenugreek seeds overnight. (basically its the water in which I soaked the fenugreek seeds.) You can check out the complete recipe here.
Then I let the rinser on for 20 minutes and rinse it with water.
After the Hair Rinser came the time for hair fall control hair mask. For that I just made past of soaked Fenugreek seeds and mixed equal quantity of Aloe Vera Gel to it. Just Applied it on my hair and scalp and kept it for an hour. Then rinsed it with warm water followed by Conditioner by Oriflame. It just works great on my hair.
I repeated this process every week on Sunday and on Thursday I make another Diy Hair Oil for Controlling Hair Fall and Regrowth of Hair that worked really amazing on my hair. Basically this second oil actually helps in regrowth of the hair. This actually works amazingly well on men’s hair loss too.
The Diy Hair Oil for Fall Control and Regrowth of Hair
This is the hair regrowth oil recipe which was actually real effective on my uncle who started losing its hair after certain age. He shared this recipe with me and I gave it a try and it worked like a charm.
- Onion Juice – 2 TSP
- Castor Oil – 1 TSP
- Bhringraj oil – 2 TSP
- Firstly, I grate and extracted fresh onion juice of about 2 tsp.
- Then added equal quantity of Bhringraj Oil ( I used Mahabhringraj Oil but Bhringraj Oil by Khadi works really great too.)
- Then added Castor oil of 1 TSP and mixed well.
- After that, I heated it using double boiler method to keep its nutrients intact.
- Massage this slowly to hair and scalp and wear your shower cap to prevent your eyes from tearing up.
- Leave on for maximum 2 hours, otherwise the smell won’t leave your hair.
- Then wash it with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- You can use Rose Hair Perfume to make your hair smell absolutely divine.
- The bhringraj oil covers the smell of the onion and your eyes would not tear that much. Just a bit of irritation.
Why Should you use Onions for Controlling Hair Fall and Regrowing Your Hair
You might have noticed that I used Onion in my hair oils while recovering from hair fall, the reason is
‘In a 2002 study published in the Journal of Dermatology, almost 74 percent of the study participants who applied onion juice on the scalp experienced significant hair regrowth.’
Along with these
- I incorporated lot of Spinach, Carrot and Broccoli in my diet.
- I took good night sleep.
- Tied my hair in pineapple bun.
- Did Inversion method for daily 5 mins. Click here to know more.
- Did Yoga exercises for hair growth.(mentioned in the free printable)
- I didn’t color my hair for 1 month despite of having Greys. ( Yes peeps I have grey hair)
- I didn’t use heat for a month.
- I drank almost 25 glasses of water. (crazy right???)
- And I made a checklist of these 50 tips.
Hope this article will help you to control your hair fall and have beautiful long and thick hair !!! You can Download my Hair Fall Control Routine Free Printable by signing up here and telling me where to send it. And you are Golden Girl !!!
You can also join my Private Facebook Group where we all share our love for beautiful hair. !!!
Please share this post with your friends and as always share your views via comments because it makes me smile from ear to ear.
Have a lovely day!