I have always been someone who prefers DIYing instead of using mass-produced products. That is why whenever I go through severe hair fall or when my greys start popping, I make this homemade hair oil mask using coconut oil, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds.
Using this oil works for me well. It hides greys well and makes hair grow faster too. Don’t miss out on this guys. I promise you will love it.
Homemade Coconut Oil With Curry Leaves And Fenugreek Seeds
This oil is something that I apply since my early childhood. My bua(aunt) used to make this oil in batches for everyone in our house and we all are blessed with pretty thick and beautiful hair. I recently learned it from her and she showed me how to make it. I thought why not let you guys in on our family secret. So here is how we make it.
For making this hair fall control curry leaves and fenugreek oil, we only need 3 simple ingredients:
How To Make This Hair Oil At Home?
1. Just take a wok(I prefer wok, you can use any vessel of your choice), add 3-4 cups of water. Keep it on a stove and bring it to boil.
2. Now take organic cold press coconut oil in a bowl that would fit onto the wok as that the oil gets boiled by double boiler method. Here we are not heating the oil directly to prevent its nutrients. In case if you want to check out more about the double boiling method, click here.
3. As the oil starts warming up, we will now be adding curry leaves and fenugreek seeds to it.
4. Now heat them while stirring in sessions for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you will notice the oil has changed its color. Now it is the perfect time to shut off gas and let the oil chill for a while.
5. Strain it as it comes to room temperature and you can now use your hair fall control oil.
How To Use Curry & Fenugreek Oil The Right Way?
Apply it as you normally would apply any other oil. I part my hair in 3 sections and make sure each section and hair strand is covered nicely with the oil. I keep the oil for an hour and then wash it off with mild SLS free shampoo.
How Long To Store The Oil?
The oil stays good for 2-3 months but I prefer making in small batches and use fresh. I find it works best for me that way.
Why This Oil Would Work For You?
The reason that this oil works for me and why it will work for you is because of the ingredients that I chose to make it with.
Cold-pressed coconut oil is the best ingredients to nourish your scalp and fight hair fall. It also helps your hair get stronger from within.
Fenugreek seeds are probably the only ingredient in nature that will help you from the first try to control your hair fall and regrow new hair faster.
- How I use Fenugreek for Hair Growth and Hair Fall?
- How To Make Fenugreek oil at Home: Benefits & Uses!
Curry leaves are one of the best when it comes to hair care. It helps your hair well because they are an excellent source of protein and antioxidants. I even eat 3-4 curry leaves daily and my hair fall usually stays at bay.
If you try this oil make sure you leave your experience in the comments section that would be something I appreciate.
Happy hair day folks!
~This article is written by Saumya Majumdar. In case if you wish to contribute your favorite hacks with us and earn some money while doing it, then click here.