Have you tried banana and egg mask yet?
My sister suggested me this mask. She said her friend lets call her Lily uses this mask every month and she has fabulous hair. As a hair enthusiast I got curious. I immediately asked my sister to call Lily. And trust me, she had very healthy, thick and lustrous hair. I got more curious.
I asked Lily the recipe of this banana and egg hair mask and a little history about how and where she learnt recipe. She said that this hair mask was her mother’s recipe and she has been applying just this hair mask since childhood. Every month her mom used to make her sit and just apply this hair mask.
So, I took the recipe and gave it a try. and here is my take on banana and egg hair mask.
Benefits of Banana and Egg Hair Mask
- Repairs your dull hair
- Makes hair soft and silky
- Treats dandruff
- Treats frizzy and rough hair
- Controls hair fall.
Banana and Egg Hair Mask
This is one of the hair masks that I discovered by accident and actually cherish. It works very well for all hair types.
Here is a quick hair care tip for you guys,
- If you have dry hair, use only egg yolk
- If you have oily hair use only egg white
- If you have normal hair, use whole egg(both egg whites and yolk)
- If you are like me who just can’t tolerate smell of eggs and have dry hair, egg whites still works great because we are balancing here with other ingredients.
For this egg and banana mask you will need
- Banana : 1 riped
- Egg : 2 (I use egg whites but you can use whole or just whites or just yolk as per your requirements)
- Olive oil : 1 tsp
- Honey : 1 tsp
Method of making banana and egg hair mask
1.Take a banana. Mash it real nice using a fork or a beater.
2.Take eggs and beat them nicely too.
3. Now add olive oil and honey and blend this mask real good. I blend this mask in a blender.
4. Strain this mask using a muslin cloth. This step is extremely important because if you skip it, the small banana chunks will cling on to your hair and will test your patience real bad. Now your mask is ready to use.
How To Apply This Hair Mask
- Just part sections, apply this hair mask generously on your scalp and hair lenghth and make sure you don’t forget the tips.
- This mask is a very good deep conditioning hair mask, so if you have dry ends make sure you apply it generously on your ends.
- Now wear a shower cap to make sure the mask doesn’t drip or dry out. Leave it on for 1 hour. Now rinse it off with cold water and use a shampoo.
- Make sure you starin this mask very well before you apply on your hair. So that the banana chunks don’t stick to your hair.
- Use cold water to rinse it off, otherwise the egg will make it messier to rinse off.
- You can use a conditioner afterwards if you desire.
Why This Hair Mask Works?
- This mask contains banana which is great source of moisture to your hair. It helps in retaining moisture, triggering hair growth, repairing damage and adding shine.
- This mask contains eggs which is an excellent source of protein. It not only triggers your hair growth but will help in reducing your hair loss.
- Olive oil is one of the best oils which strengthen and moisturize your hair. If you hair weak hair then this mask will make your hair stromg from within.
- Honey is an amazing source of moisture. It seals moisture into your hair shafts and repairs your hair very beautifully. Have split-ends, then this will definitely provide you with beautiful results.
Hope your find this hair mask useful. A very big thank you to Lily for sharing this recipe. If you have such amazing hair care recipes that work then please do share it. Also, do give this hair mask a try and I am sure you will love it as much as I do.
Have a lovely day!