Is Mielle hair oil good for your hair or is it bad? Does it lead to hair loss? Is Mielle hair oil good for only natural hair?
Here on this beauty blog, I literally preach the magical power that hair oils behold. And today I am about to share with you a really good hair oil that has worked extremely well in saving my thinning hair and receding hairline. It is the Mielle hair oil.
You might have heard about it on Tiktok or other social media platforms as more and more influencers couldn’t stop praising this hair oil. And recently when I started losing more than 100 strands per day after a long dose of heavy anti-biotics, I knew only a good hair oil can control my hair loss and regrow my lost hair the quickest. But is Mielle hair oil good for your hair as claimed?
I have been getting a lot of requests to review Mielle hair oil in detail. So I thought it was the perfect time to put this hair oil to test. That’s when I placed my order for Mielle hair oil which claims to
- strengthen your hair
- promote better scalp hair
- fight hair loss
- trigger your hair growth.
And this hair oil passed with flying colors.
Let me explain in brief why I picked up this exact oil, what ingredients worked for me, how to use it the right way, and what to expect aka complete pros, cons, and everything in between that you need to know about including is Mielle hair oil good or bad for your hair?
Is Mielle Hair Oil Good Or Bad?
Two months ago I was extremely sick. My hemoglobin went down, my fever was at its peak and I couldn’t beat the cold. The doctor put me on heavy medication for two weeks which made my health better but it affected my hair health. I started losing a lot of hair. The hair fall increased with each passing day and my scalp became more and more visible.
I figured it was time, I start following the steps I took in the past while I was on my thin to thick hair journey. And the first step is using good hair oil for controlling hair fall and regrow my hair.
Mielle hair oil is good for your hair because…
Mielle hair oil is the made from the goodness of
- soyabean oil
- castor oil
- rosemary oil
- jojoba oil
- peppermint oil
- eucalyptus oil
- tea tree oil
- coconut oil
- horsetail extract
- aloe vera extract
- lavender oil
- wheat germ oil
- safflower oil
- evening primrose oil
- grapeseed oil
- sweet almond oil
- rice bran oil
- burdock root extract
- vitamin d
- basil oil
- patchouli oil
- sage oil
- and nettle extracts.
It’s the perfect combination of penetrating oils and sealings oils which when used together strengthens your hair and restores moisture in your dry manes. And the reason why I picked up this extract hair oil is its intriguing ingredients list.
- Rosemary oil: This was the hero ingredient that convinced me to invest in this oil. Whenever I face hair loss, I start to incorporate rosemary shampoo, rosemary tea rinse and this oil in my hair care routine and I have never been disappointed. There was also a study conducted in 2015, where Rosemary Essential oil was tested against 2% minoxidil. In this test, it proved that Rosemary was equally effective as minoxidil. Participants (who had alopecia) of this test saw improvement in their hair regrowth.
- Grapeseed oil and Biotin: I use grapeseed oil whenever I cut and donate my hair and I start missing my long hair. This is one of the long Indian hair secrets that I inherited growing up. And we all are well aware of the benefits of biotin when we consider faster and healthier hair growth.
- Jojoba oil, Basil oil, Tea tree oil, Peppermint oil, Eucalyptus oil, and Aloe vera: These ingredients take good care of your scalp health. If you have an itchy scalp, flaky scalp, or dry scalp these ingredients help combat them.
- Castor oil, Lavender oil, and Nettle: These ingredients work well for effective hair regrowth and thicker hair volume.
- Coconut oil, Sweet almond oil, and Glycerin: Hydrate your dry manes and provide them with the lacking nourishment that your hair needs.
Mielle hair oil’s formulation and ingredients list had me extremely tempted. And the infusion of so many herbs for hair growth with high-quality hair oils had me sold that Mielle hair oil is good for your hair growth.
How To Use Mielle hair oil the right way?
- The best way to use Mielle hair oil is to take the desired quantity of hair oil in a glass bowl (I take 2 Tablespoons for my 21 inches of hair length and scalp).
- Heat the oil using the indirect heat method to enhance its nutrients.
- Now part your hair in smaller sections and start applying the warm oil concentrating well on your hair and scalp.
- Do a scalp massage and incorporate the inversion method for hair growth.
- Keep the oil on for 30 minutes and then give your hair little steam before washing your hair with your favorite shampoo for hair fall control.
- Follow up with your favorite hair conditioner, hair rinse, and your hair serum.
Things To Keep In Mind While Using this hair oil
- The hair oil has a very thick texture so keep this in mind before you use it and adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Mielle hair oil is specifically meant for people with thick, coarse, and naturally curly hair. Thus, the formula is a combination of oils that work well for people with dry hair and scalp.
- I won’t recommend you to use this oil if you have oily hair or an oily scalp.
- This hair oil is a combination of different ingredients. Thus always do a patch test because unknowingly you might be allergic to any ingredient. And as it is said, precaution is always better than cure.
- Do not keep the Mielle hair oil overnight as it has a lot of heavy oils which might lead to breakouts especially if you have sensitive skin or an oily t-zone.
- NOURISH & STRENGTHEN: Our nutrient-rich, biotin-infused treatment can be...
- SMOOTH SPLIT ENDS: This lightweight treatment nourishes split ends and hair...
- SOOTHE DRY SCALP: This rich blend of over 30 essential oils and nutrients...
Last update on 2023-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Conclusion: Is Mielle Hair Oil Good For Your Hair?
I am always in search of new hair products that work well and it feels so good to be sharing this gem with you guys. After using Mielle hair oil for more than two months, I am pretty happy with the results. Not only did this hair oil healed my itchy scalp but it also controlled my hair loss. I can now see less than 50 hair strands per day.
I also noticed that my hair grew faster and I am also noticing new baby hair growing. And that makes me so happy.
Just one thing that I didn’t like about this oil was its thicker texture. And for the first time, I kept it overnight and my skin experienced a terrible breakout. And that is why I am recommending you to not keep Mielle hair oil overnight especially if you have sensitive skin or an oily t-zone. Keeping the oil on for 30 minutes is more than enough to reap the benefits of this hair oil.
Let me know how your experience using Mielle hair oil. I had a happy one. What do you think? Is Mielle hair oil good or bad?
Before you leave, don’t forget to check out:
- Can You Really Grow 2 Inches Of Hair In A Month?
Have a lovely day.