We all love waking up to beautiful manageable hair every day. And Magic Sleek treatment might just be the answer to that. It is a hair smoothening treatment where your hair does not appear pin straight but it appears smooth and straight enough with a fabulous volume. The best part, this treatment is formaldehyde-free which made me think that it is too good to be true.
And when I Googled it, I found a lot of people complaining about how Magic Sleek ruined their hair and I found an equal number of people praising the treatment and its long-lasting results.
So if you too are wondering whether it is safe or does Magic Sleek ruin hair then I will be sharing all the pros and cons of the Magic Sleek treatment.
Let us discuss this.
What Is Magic Sleek Treatment?
Magic Sleek is a formaldehyde-free hair smoothening treatment that is becoming popular day by day especially since celebrities like Sarah Jessica Parker getting it done. The effects of Magic Sleek hair treatment are somewhat close to your regular keratin treatment but this one does not put your hair through way too many harsh chemicals during the process. With this hair treatment, your hair appears smooth, straight, and frizz-free without using any heat.
View this post on Instagram
Pros Of Magic Sleek Hair Treatment
- Formaldehyde-free hair smoothening treatment for your thick, unruly, or brillo pad hair that is hard to manage without heat. If you are interested to know more about the effects of formaldehyde in your hair smoothening treatment then read here.
- Invented by a hairstylist with the help of different chemists to perfect the formula.
- Magic Sleek makes hair smooth, straight, and frizz-free without stealing its volume.
- Results last for about 3-6 months depending on the hair type and the hair care routine you follow.
- No need to use heat to style your hair after every wash.
- Makes your hair manageable after every wash without any effort.
Cons Of Magic Sleek
- The effects of the treatment minimize with every hair wash. So you need to wash your hair as less as possible or you can opt for co-washing or wash your hair with just water a couple of times a week.
- Lightens your jet black hair or dark color hair by a shade or two and some even complained that it left their hair with orange or brassy tones.
- Does not work well for people who prefer dyeing hair red, as it lightens your hair shade or makes them appear brassy.
- Not ideal for people with thin or limp hair or sensitive scalp.
- Leaves hair dry, so need to use deep conditioning masks after this treatment to keep your hair healthier
- It is an expensive hair treatment and you need to spend a couple of hours in a good salon to get it done right.
- Need to use Magic Sleek shampoo and conditioner as well as other products from their range itself to make it last longer.
- You are not allowed to go swimming or bleach your hair for a week after you get this treatment done.
Tips To Make The Effects Of Treatment Last Longer
- Use the Magic Sleek shampoo and conditioner after doing the treatment as per the instructions. Do not opt for any other hair straightening shampoo.
- Make sure you do not go for a swim or bleach bath hair for at least a week after you get this hair treatment.
- Keep in mind that it lightens your hair color by a shade or two. So color your hair after two weeks of getting the treatment done.
- Even if you feel there might be a product build-up on your hair, do not use a clarifying shampoo as it might minimize the effects of the magic sleek treatment.
- Get the treatment done from a good salon and the right hair stylist who knows how to do the magic sleek treatment the right way using genuine magic sleek products. Read online reviews before booking your appointment.
Magic Sleek Ruined My Hair, What To Do?
If magic sleek ruined your hair and you are experiencing dry hair, damaged hair, or thin hair along with hair breakage then incorporate deep conditioning hair masks, conditioning before shampooing, and hair spa for hair fall at home in your hair care routine.
And read this guide on how to stop hair fall after hair smoothening treatment without losing the effects of the treatment. You can also check out my thin-to-thick hair journey if your hair has become thin.
And if your hair got brassy or orange tones, then opt for a good purple shampoo or blue shampoo depending on your hair shade to fix the unwanted tones.
How Much Does It Cost?
It depends on the city, salon, and hairstylist but keep in mind the treatment isn’t cheap and you will need to spend somewhere between $300-$600 for getting it done.
How Long Does Magic Sleek Treatment Last?
If you get it done from a good salon by an experienced hair stylist and follow up with a good hair care routine then it might last up to 3-6 months. It also depends on your hair type, how faster your hair grows, and how frequently you wash your hair because with every hair wash the effect of the treatment depreciates a little.
Over To You
Magic Sleek is a good hair smoothening treatment that will gift you effortlessly beautiful straight hair without stealing its natural volume. It is free of formaldehyde and other harsh chemicals which makes it a good option to consider.
However, it does require religiously following up with your hair care routine to make it last longer. And be prepared that to notice your hair appear dry, or thin and your hair color lightened by a shade or two.
After all, it is a treatment that might not have formaldehyde and a lot of harsh chemicals like your regular hair smoothening or keratin treatment does but it still has quite a few ones that might not be ideal for your hair health.
Do let me know what your thoughts are on the magic sleek hair treatment, and was it safe for you, or did Magic Sleek ruin your hair. Before you leave, don’t forget to check out:
- Hair products to keep your hair straight after straightening it
- 21 Trendy Ways To Pair Curtain Bangs With Straight Hair
Have a lovely day.