Have you tried using aloe vera and coconut oil for hair? Actually, when I was little, my grandma used to apply fresh aloe vera gel on my scalp and then she used to apply warm coconut oil on my hair and do a nice scalp massage.
I used to hate that at the time. But now I am so thankful to her and my mom for taking such good care of my hair. Anyways, they inspired this aloe vera and coconut oil hair mask recipe.
This aloe vera and coconut oil mask works wonders for your hair and scalp. The best part is that it is natural hair mask that delivers quick results and the results last longer.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera And Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Induces Faster Hair Growth
Aloe vera is loaded with the goodness of vitamin A, B12, F and C as well as folic acid that nourishes your hair follicles and helps increase faster hair growth. Coconut oil deeply nourishes and helps promote hair growth.
Deeply Conditions Hair
These both ingredients have deep conditioning properties that helps moisturize extremely dry hair too. It helps prevent frizz at bay and keep your hair healthy and manageable for long time. You can even use coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner.
Treats Scalp Infections And Dandruff
A study conducted in 2021, proved that coconut oil helped control dandruff. It also promotes better scalp health. Another study and proved that aloe vera helped in treating scalp inflammation and this study proved it helps soothes your itchy scalp.
Using this aloe vera and coconut oil hair mask, it definitely improves your scalp health and helps combat dandruff.
Prevents Hair Breakage
Coconut oil prevents protein loss and is one of the most used ingredients in the hair care industry. You can check out this study to know more. This in turn helps prevent hair breakage and your hair will not grow unevenly. And aloe vera deeply nourishes your hair strands making them less fragile for hair breakage.
Repairs Damage Hair
Aloe vera and coconut oil helps repair damaged hair by nourishing hair follicles from deep within. It also works a good heat protectant to use before heat styling.
The amount of vitamins these both ingredients has to offer helps strengthen your hair from its roots. Your hair are less likely to breakage and hair fall after using this hair mask on regular basis.
Deep Cleans And Exfoliates Hair
As per a study, aloe vera gel deeply exfoliates and gently cleans your scalp. It works well to do hair detox at home and remove the unwanted product build-up. It is a good ingredient that helps keep greasiness at bay if you are someone whose hair gets greasy in a day.
Diy Aloe Vera And Coconut Oil Hair Mask Recipe
Since the longest time, I have been using aloe vera and coconut oil for my hair. So, I thought let’s try mixing it up and modifying it. And I came up with this hair mask. This has been one of the best hair masks that triggers my hair growth, repairs damage, adds moisture and leaves my hair healthy.
Hope you guys benefit from it too.
For this hair mask, you will need
- Aloe vera gel: 3 Tablespoons(I use freshly extracted but you can use store bought too)
- Coconut oil: 3Tablespoon (extra virgin cold pressed)
- Tea tree essential oil: 3-4 drops(optional)
- Lavender essential oil: 3-4 drops(optional)
- Rosemary essential oil: 3-4 drops(optional)
How To Make Aloe Vera And Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel and blend it really nice. I prefer using freshly extracted aloe vera as it contains no preservatives and it is 100% pure.
- ALOE VERA GEL FOR FACE, SKIN AND HAIR – This is a multi-purpose and...
- Fast-absorbing leave-on gel -No sticky residue -Great as an Acne Treatment...
- BEST QUALITY IN THE MARKET: In order to ensure quality & freshness, our...
Last update on 2024-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Now heat your coconut oil using a double boiler method. Once the oil is warm enough for hot oil treatment, mix the freshly blended aloe vera gel well.
- This next step is optional. Add 3-4 drops of: tea tree essential oil if you are dealing with dandruff and itchy scalp, lavender essential oil if you want to grow two inches of hair in a month, rosemary essential oil if you want to control hair fall and regrow hair faster.
- Mix everything well and if you see small chunks of aloe vera in it, just strain the mask using a muslin cloth. Otherwise you will be dealing with some stubborn chunks of aloe vera in your hair like you might have experience a main disadvantage of banana hair mask.
- Your aloe vera and coconut oil hair mask are now ready to be used.
How To Use Aloe And Coconut Hair Mask?
- To reap maximum benefits of this hair mask for hair growth, make sure you apply it on your dry hair.
- Start by parting small sections of your hair and remove any hair tangles.
- Using a brush or your fingers apply this hair mask on your hair and scalp by concentrating well on roots and dry ends of your hair.
- Leave it on for half an hour and pamper your hair with some steam. Then rinse and wash your hair with water only before you wash your hair with SLS-free shampoo and follow up with your hair conditioner.
- For best results you can also leave the aloe vera and coconut oil hair mask overnight.
- This is a completely natural and 100% pure and natural hair mask made up of herbs for hair growth ingredients but just make sure to do a patch test first.
Quick Hair Care Tip
Store this coconut oil and aloe vera hair mask in the refrigerator for a week or two. And every time you wash your hair, take a little bit of this mask and use it as a leave-in on your damp hair. You will find your frizzy hair tamed and it will add an instant shine to your hair.
Over To You
That is why this coconut oil and aloe vera is good for your hair as well as your scalp. Hope you found this hair mask useful. If you have any other hair masks to share please don’t hesitate. I would love to feature you guys.
Before you leave, don’t forget to check:
- Coconut Oil With Curry Leaves And Fenugreek Seeds For Hair Fall
- Parachute Advanced Aloe Vera Hair Oil Review: Is It Really Effective?
- Homemade Aloe Vera Hair Mask Recipes: Tried & Tested
Have a lovely day!